I am having a hard time to get replies

Old Aug 18th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am having a hard time to get replies

I posted before under "need Help-Kenya Safari soon. This post in mainly to ask what I have to do, to get answers when I send an email. I do not have alot of time because I would like to depart for Safari on the 29 or 30 Oct. I wrote to so many operators and received few replies. Lets go Travel has written to me but between emails is such a long wait. I know they tell me some of my requests are booked so when I come back with an alternative, I need an answer quickly in case I need to look more.I wrote to Basecamp also and have never heard back. Yesterday, I wrote to Melinda at eco resorts but no answer. Its like no one wants the business or am I doing something wrong. i am worried that all will be booked for my nights of 30-31 and 1st. Any advice?
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 08:43 AM

Try calling.
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 11:43 AM

Lyban, Melinda will answer you. It’s only one day and there could be any reason why she hasn’t been to the office today.

When I’ve been contacting lots of operators about half of them never reply, a quarter send an email after a week or two and the remaining quarter reply in one or two days. Of the ones who reply quickly about half answer my questions and the other half try to sell me something I’m not interested in. I don’t know why it is this way.

If you would like to call or fax Basecamp Travel Nairobi their numbers are:
tlf: +254 20 57 74 90 or 91 or 92
fax: +254 20 57 74 89

There are still more than 2 months left. Don’t panic!

Old Aug 18th, 2005, 08:55 PM

Here is one more operator you can try if you haven't emailed them yet www.essafari.co.ke Serah is usually very prompt in replying. Keep in mind that this is the busy season in Kenya and they may be getting a lot of email requests and trying to locate camps with availability.
Old Aug 19th, 2005, 12:45 AM

Hello Lyban,

I don't mean to be negitive, but time is really... and you know it.

Try contacting A-Way-to Africa Safaris (www.awaytoafricasafaris.com). They were extremely prompted with e-mail returns, they are very helpful and knowledgeable as well.

Good luck.

Michael

Old Aug 19th, 2005, 12:49 AM

Michael,

That is pretty good. You have a total of two posts on the Fodors Africa forum and within just a few minutes in each of them you have managed to recommend a safari operator.

Now go away.
Old Aug 19th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Original Poster

Thank you again to all. Patty, I did just get a reply from Serah at ESS and I just followed up with her. I have still not heard from Basecamp and am waiting replies to my follow up from Gladwell at Lets Go Travel. I am enjoying reading everyone's posts here on Fodors, you are all so knowledgable on these safaris. I wish that I had many more months to plan this trip but as you all know by now this business trip to Uganda just came up so that is why I am scrambling. Add to that the fact that I had no clue where to even start looking. Anyways the members here at Fodors are so helpful to newcomers and I envy all your knowledge and experiences. I will let you know when I receive some replies.