Just back

Feb 4th, 2001, 04:48 PM
Jan

Just back

Just returned on 2/2 from a marvelous safari in Kenya. I had studied about 20 safari company brochures and wasn't finding what I wanted - just to focus on elephants Thus I contacted Daphne Sheldrick in Nairobi National Park (raises the orphaned rhinos and elephants) and she gave me the name of Southern Cross Safaris in Mombasa ([email protected]). They were able to set up an intinerary perfect for me (not with a group) to Amboseli, Satao Tented Camp at Tsavo East and Shimba Hills-Mwalugange Elephant Sanctuary. It was pure heaven!! I also had several days in Nairobi at the Serena and several days at the Tamarind Village in Mombasa and went on the Tamarind Dhow for dinner (all top notch places). Since I was a female traveling alone, they arranged for me to be picked up and driven to city hotels and then I flew from Nairobi - Amboseli and Nairobi Mombasa. Can't say enough about their class act. They can arrange safaris anywhere in either Kenya or Tanzania. You can elect to fly or drive. I had a private van and driver/guide the whole trip and it cost a lot less than many of the brochures I looked at. I would not for a second hesitate to recommend this company. They will arrange anything you wish to set up. They are a class act.

Feb 4th, 2001, 04:59 PM
Jan

I forgot to mention, their web site can be found at www.kenya-direct.com/southerncross.

Search this Thread