June Birding in Tanzania

Feb 3rd, 2005, 04:35 AM
Original Poster

June Birding in Tanzania

My husband and I are planning to take a birding/wildlife safari in Tanzania in June. We are interested in thoughts about "Birding and Beyond Safaris" done with a private guide and driver. Are there any recommendations for any other companies which combine both interests?
Feb 3rd, 2005, 05:48 PM

jandj

Here is a round about reply that does not directly address your question. A Kenyan based company now called Origins was founded as a birding (plus traditional) safari company. It's original name was East African Ornithological Safaris, if I have spelled that right, or EAOS for short. The website is below.

Its founder, Don Turner, has written Kenya-Tanzania bird books. Steve Turner, the son, is now in charge. I have done safaris with them--though only in Kenya-- when accompanied by my very keen birding friends. EAOS, as it was called then, did a superb job and I believe Origins will too. They may be able to help with your Tanzania trip.

Web: http://www.originsafaris.info/
Feb 4th, 2005, 03:33 AM

atravelynn-
Do you know the Turners? I had a few questions if you do. Thanks. Liz
Feb 4th, 2005, 05:57 PM

Liz Frazier,

I only interacted with them as part of my safaris. Some safari-mates and I did have dinner once with Don and his wife Margaret and they were delightful.

Search this Thread