Reload this Page >

Egypt should we bring swimsuits

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2000, 06:33 AM
joy

We're doing the usual Cairo & Nile Cruise. I don't see where we'll be using the swimsuits, but hubby says to bring them. What do you say? <BR> <BR>Also, is there a place to get local currency at the airport?

Old Jul 29th, 2000, 11:31 AM
Clarissa

The nile cruise ships have swimming pools and decks for sunning. The large hotels in Cairo, i.e., Intercontinental, Hilton also have swimming pools with decks for sunning.

Old Aug 2nd, 2000, 12:47 PM
Wei Huang

As a frequent international traveler (for business more than for pleasure), I was worried when I could not change USD for LE in States before I left for Cairo. I was worried that I would not get a good/fair exchange rate for my USD. <BR> <BR>Surprisingly, at the Cairo bank where you can buy Egyptian tourist visa (USD15 - payable in US dollars), you can change money as well. The rate in late June 2000 was USD1 to LE3.465, a fair rate and the bank did not charge for service.

Old Aug 8th, 2000, 06:50 PM
dg

Do bring your swimming suits.

Old Aug 8th, 2000, 09:05 PM
Tom

The cruise ships and some of the better hotels having swimming pools. Good for cooling down at night. Better to take it than not, it is small in the luggage. <BR>Don't make the nmistake I did and get Egyptian Pounds before you leave the States. FOr convenience sake there are several places at the airport when you arrive to convert money and the conversion rate is far better than you get in th estates. Everywhere we went, people were happy to accept US money and a geat idea is bringing a stack of $1 bills. Try to get local money there in small denominations for tips. <BR>

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 06:30 AM
xx

Not sure what time of year you are going, but we were there in June and Egypt was HOT! We would see the sites from early morning til around 1 or 2 pm and then lay by the pool the rest of the afternoon. It really rejuvenated us to see more sites the next day.