Jordan Wadi Rum, Wadi Mujib...others?

Apr 3rd, 2014, 10:00 AM
Original Poster

Jordan Wadi Rum, Wadi Mujib...others?

We are planning our first trip to Jordan/Israel. Our plans will include Petra, Dead Sea (from either Jordan or Israel) and we were thinking of just a jeep tour of Wadi Rum but not an overnight stay. We have already done the desert camp experience in Morocco -- will Wadi Rum be very different or should we allocate some time to Wadi Mujib or another Wadi? My husband is active and adventurous so I think Wadi Mjuib's water hike might be more his style than a camel or 4x4. Please provide your thoughts as we are still in the planning stages for September...and only overlap the high holidays by 2-3 days. Also would like input as to where to stay in Galilee area for hiking, biking, sightseeing.
Apr 5th, 2014, 10:18 AM

I am not sure I would go to Wadi Rum and not stay overnight. Sorry I can't compare it to Morocco. I don't usually refer posters to our trip reports but if you click on my name you will see we had quite the blast at Wadi Rum. Hope you have a good trip.
Apr 5th, 2014, 10:38 AM

I was not particularly impressed with Wadi Rum, but I think I would have enjoyed it more with a better guide. (And I am not particularly fond of riding camels.) I would not say that it reminded me of Morocco, it was rockier, but the actual camping would likely be similar (i didn't camp in Morocco).

Search this Thread