Search

Jordan trip planning

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jordan trip planning

Hi guys, we are planning a 4 day trip to jordan in early feb 2011. need some help in deciding whether to opt for a a guide package or to explore ourselves through a rent-a-car. basically we want to do as much as we can which includes the dead sea, petra, wadi rum and any other recommendations.

thanks
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 08:52 AM

We loved Jordan - spent 5 days there in January 2008 - could have spent longer!

We had a driver organized by Desert Horizons out of Amman - highly recommend Bashar Herzalla (our driver)........however it is easy to rent a car and drive yourself if you prefer. Link to our blog here for ideas such as Jerash, etc....

http://lizandrichardsa.typepad.com/l..._adv/d_jordan/
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 11:55 AM

We used Petra Moon in October and had a really good experience. We didn't use one of their package tours, we told them what we wanted to do and they came up with an itinerary and it was a private, fully guided tour for just my husband and myself.

We went to Jerash, then the Dead Sea, then two full days in Petra. If I could make one suggestion it would be to do the Dead Sea last and maybe spend a couple of days. It's a nice place to relax and we wished that after all the hiking and walking at Petra that we would have had a day at the Dead Sea to unwind before heading home.

If you want to do a self-drive trip, Jordan was very easy to get around and the people were so friendly. We didn't feel uneasy at all. Tourism is their number one industry and you can tell...everyone makes you feel so welcome.
Old Dec 11th, 2010, 10:51 AM

We also used Bashar-OUr Egyptian Guide arranged the whole thing-Ahmed-that Liz & Dick used.
I can highly reccomend Bashar. Ahmed arranged our hotels-stayed 2 nights at the Petra Marriott and 2 nights at Dead Sea Marriott. Petra one only OK but Dead Sea one spectacular.
[email protected] if just going to Jordan
[email protected] if both countries. YOu won't go wrong.Chris
Old Dec 11th, 2010, 05:47 PM

We used Desert Horizons but had Youseff as our driver and it was fabulous-he has a business degree,about 34 and is like having a friend driving you around.Lady Egypt arranged our Jordan part with Desert Horizons and we were very pleased with our prices and their efforts.
Old Dec 12th, 2010, 08:59 AM

You can also contact Bashar Herzalla directly if you'd like to arrange a portion of your Jordanian trip with him instead of going through DH. I'll also vouch for how fabulous he was during my trip with him.

[email protected]
+962795542706 (Not sure if the last digit is a 0 or 6)