Jo'berg to Cape Town air fares.....

Jan 22nd, 2004, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

Jo'berg to Cape Town air fares.....

Looking at SAA fares from JNB to CPT in May i usually get 250 USD or so. Same on British Airways. Ive used up my frequent flyer points in getting to Africa wanted to know if there are specials/deals that I may not know about ( I saw the one for two to JNB-CPT return was 1500 zar but cant make the days). Anyone help or is this about the best out there for that time? Thanks
Jan 23rd, 2004, 12:25 AM

Wulfstan,

May I suggest that you go to the following two websites where you will find out more about discounted air travel in SA.

https://www.kulula.com/cgi-bin/airkiosk/I7/181002i?MN

http://www.nationwideair.co.za/

Hope this helps.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa
Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:13 AM
sandi

Wulfstan -

I don't know how your ticket using FF miles was written, but often the routing from the States on a paid ticket provides for 1-leg to either JNB or CPT.

In other words if traveling JFK to CPT, but the only flight available is JFK/JNB the CPT leg is included (o/w only) OR if traveling from ATL to JNB and your flight routes ATL/CPT the JNB leg is included (again o/w).

When we traveled one ticket was a paid ticket thru JFK/(JNB)/CPT while the other was a FF ticket and likewise was routed JFK/(JNB)/CPT - the () our connecting point.

Since you have a FF ticket you might want to check with whomever issued your ticket whether they can do at least one leg to CPT be included?? No harm asking.

The sites provided by Selwyn are excellent options if not.

Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Selwyn and Sandi.....we are connecting through Hong Kong (the longggg way there) on Cathay Pacific and therefore cannot end up in CPT. Thanks for the idea tho!

Search this Thread