Notices

Jeruslaem Hotels

Jan 2nd, 2014, 03:47 PM
Original Poster

Jeruslaem Hotels

Choosing between the Crowne Plaza (staying with points) or the Ambassador Hotel. Which is most convenient from a sightseeing perspective. Also thoughts on relative merits comparing quality of properties. Am open to other suggestions.
Jan 2nd, 2014, 08:54 PM

Neither one is in the most convenient site for sightseeing or for going out in the evenings, however, I would five preference to the Crowne Plaza - it is just a few minutes walk from the Central Bus Station and the transportation hub there so that you can easily catch the light rail to get to the Old City, downtown and other sites in the city.
Jan 4th, 2014, 10:20 PM

I agree with Oreet above. Neither is a good choice. The Ambassador is further from the new city and all it has to offer. Contrary to what many believe a visit to Jerusalem is NOT confined to the Old City--there is much to see and do in both places.

The Crowne Plaza is near the Central Bus Station BUT up a rather steep hill. There is a taxi stand right outside it, if that is your preference. If these two were the only hotels on my list I would go to with the Crowne Plaza.

Search this Thread