Jerusalem Walking Tours

Mar 16th, 2006, 04:51 PM
CFW
Original Poster

Jerusalem Walking Tours

Am getting quite excited about our short trip to Tel Aviv & Jerusalem at the end of May.. Haven't been to Israel in over 25 years. Would love to do an interesting walking tour. Any recommendations for such things with perhaps a small group & guide. Or should we just do some "walking tours" on our own?
Mar 17th, 2006, 01:30 AM
africnow

On Saturday's in Jerusalem, there are free tours run by the Muncipality. They leave at noon sharp from Yaffo [Jaffa] Road oopposite Zion Square, one tour in English and a different one in Hebrew.

The tours change every week, last about two hours, and are basically history/archaeology. They are listed in the "Capital Calender" column in the "In Jerusalem" supplement that comes with the Jerusalem Post if you buy it in Jerusalem on Fridays, or you can ask at the tourist office.

By all means do lots of walking on your own too. You can get maps and ideas of places that you might like to walk at the Tourist Info Office in Kikar Safra.

Mar 18th, 2006, 06:20 AM

Hi, CFW....I've been checking out walking tours for Jerusalem for my trip in May.

I had read about a company called Zion Walking tours...near the Jaffa Gate. But their phone number has been disconnected.

The only walking tour company I have found is "David Tours" located in the Cardo in the Old City in Jerusalem.
www.davidtours.com

You have to email them at [email protected].

Since there have been many fewer tourists in Israel for the last few years, a lot of these tour companies don't have regular schedules. You have to email them to see what can be set up.

Most guidebooks include plans for a "self-guided" walking tour.

For information about tel aviv...go to www.telavivguide.net. There are various walking tours of tel aviv and Jaffa.

With ALL schedules and plans, you have to call or email to check to see if the online or printed information is up to date and correct. A lot of the information is outdated and not revised.

It's up to you if you want someone to explain the sights to you or if you want to do it with a guidebook.

Enjoy your trip.

Search this Thread