Jerusalem too crowded in 2000?

Jul 1st, 1999, 07:01 AM
Anne Killheffer

Jerusalem too crowded in 2000?

I am considering going to Jerusalem for the first time in spring of 2000. I am afraid though that it will be a major travel destination and the crowds will make my trip less satisfying. Any opinions? I would put my trip off a year if there will be a tremendous "crush." thanks!

Aug 14th, 1999, 03:37 PM
Gilad

unfortunatly for you Jerusalem will probably be very crouded in the year 2000.
I guess the problem might not be accommodation so much as to visit a very crouded narrow holy places.
I think if you have the time and patience and you're not hot on vising the city on the year 2000, you might want to put it off for a while.
I think the best thing is to check it again closer to the time of your trip.
don't miss it alltogather though - it's a beautifull city.
good luck!

Nov 30th, 1999, 08:26 PM
Nogs

yes, it certainly would be better to go when you could actually get a place at the western wall without having to squeeze between people!

Dec 15th, 1999, 06:08 AM
Zvi Harpaz

You will encounter pepole in Israel and in Jerusalem at all times so putting it off and not going this year may just delay your trip for ever. No matter how crowded things are, you can always get to see the places you need and want. It's just a matter of doing it in the right order of things that will allow you to maximize your time there. I would recommend using a guide. E-mail me if you need recommendations of one

Search this Thread