JANUARY IN KENYA

Dec 12th, 2001, 12:06 PM
Rosy

JANUARY IN KENYA

I need to know how is the weather in Kenya on mid January (rains, flies, etc). I will appreciate your prompt response. Thanks!

Dec 12th, 2001, 02:47 PM
Louise

We were in Kenya mid-January about 4 years ago and the weather was perfect. Warm to hot during the day and cool at night. No rain at all. Flies were no problem.

Dec 13th, 2001, 04:47 AM
Rosy

Thanks Louise for your kind reply.
Could you tell me what kind of clothes do they need to take and if you know have any other important advises, they will be greatly apreciated! txs again!

Dec 13th, 2001, 07:05 AM
renee

Rosy do reserach on this forum under Kenya and safari. You will get some great information

Dec 13th, 2001, 09:11 AM
Louise

Rosy - we took mostly jeans and t-shirts in a neutral color. Also, take a sweatshirt for when it is cool and maybe a lightweight waterproof jacket or pullover or poncho in case it might rain. If it's cool you can layer. Took one outfit to dress up in as we knew we would be going to a private home for dinner but you may not need that. We took some pens and pencils and t-shirts but only gave them to the head of the villages we visited so they could distribute. Something we did take which went over really well in the villages was frisbees. That was something everyone shared and enjoyed greatly. Any other questions, just ask.

Dec 13th, 2001, 12:47 PM
Rose

Rosy do not take jeans on safari as they are too heavy to wear and too bulky too pack. Yo will need light safari khaki pants that can be wash and dry quicly. Instead of t-shirts it is the best to wear light cotton shirts. Personally we prefer long sleeves but we saw some people who prefered wearing short sleeves. But no jeans!!! There was a great report by TC a couple years ago with very helpful suggestions for our first safari in June 2000. I will bring it to the top if I am able to find it. Bring a sweater and windbreaker for the evening and early morning game drives. Also no camouflage clothing is allowed on Kenyan safaris. Pack as lite as possible but bring a plenty of film. We shot 29 rolls during two weeks but we take lots of photos wherever we go. We took antimalaria medications but we did not see any mosquitos. Your company should also provide you with a packing list.

Search this Thread