JanGoss: Re:Kenya permit

Apr 5th, 2004, 07:56 AM
LizFrazier

JanGoss: Re:Kenya permit

Hi Jan-
Last week you had a post in asking about my experiences in trying to obtain a permit for living in Kenya.
I had prepared quite a lengthy post back to you of things I encountered and decided against posting it in an open forum.
I can't get it off my mind and I would really like to discuss it with you.
Even though it was 15 years ago, I learned a LOT about how things 'work' there. One thing the experience taught me is to see the little things that go on there. Things that most people don't notice. I'm afraid you might overlook some things that could come back and hurt you.
So somehow I would like to relay these things to you without it affecting other people who travel there on planned trips and are fine and don't need to be concerned about it.
So..............how should I proceed? Or it is that important to you? Your call. Liz

Apr 5th, 2004, 03:59 PM

Liz:

I know you are probably so busy with things to do getting ready for Botswana and I don't want to inconvenience you. But when you get back and if you have time I'd love to learn some of the things you found out. You can email me any time [email protected]. I haven't made any definitive plans yet. Just thinking about how it might be possible. I was amazed when you stated you could buy and sell a house but couldn't bring your money back home with you. If there are more things like that I certainly would appreciate hearing about them when you have time.

I wish you a wonderful trip. If you see a nice elephant you can name her for me, Mama Tembo. I will so look forward to seeing your pictures when you get home.

We'll miss you (but we all envy you!).

Jan
Apr 5th, 2004, 05:53 PM
LizFrazier

Jan-
Thanks for your email address. This will work fine, whether now or later, I will put it in my address book on the computer. Since we've been to Africa recently, getting ready is no longer that big a deal. I'm even looking forward to the plane trip.
Mama Tembo it is! I won't really be gone long, just 10 days. Enough to feed my dreams. Liz

Search this Thread