Itinerary in Capetown

Dec 22nd, 2002, 10:21 AM
Shelly

Itinerary in Capetown

Could you please tell me what is the ideal length for a vacation to Capetown? At the very least, we would like to do a wine tour and spend some time at the beaches.

Dec 22nd, 2002, 12:13 PM
Selwyn Davidowitz

Hello Shelly,

Who knows who is correct in terms of how long to stay in Cape Town as it varies from person to person? Opinions will vary and differ as to what one should do in Cape Town and how long one should stay in the city. What I am suggesting in the below mail is based on my experience as a tourguide/operator as well as being a very proud Capetonian. The following should pretty well cover Cape Town during the Summer months for you if you visit us.

In my opinion an ideal length of stay in Cape Town would be 5-6 days.

During the 5-6 days you should do the following:

Day 1.
Go on a Peninsula Tour

Day 2.
Visit the Cape Winelands

Day 3.
Visit the city centre as well as a township

Day 4.
Breeze around the Waterfront and possibly visit a local game farm (Clara Anna Fontein)

Day 5.
Relax and enjoy the beach or visit Kirstenbosch Gardens

Day 6.
If you have the luxury of an extra day then pay a visit to the town of Hermanus and enjoy the beach in this quaint village during the Summer months.

OK Shelly I hope this helps you in planning and eventually enjoying our city to its full.

Have a great stay in SA if you visit us.

Selwyn Davidowitz

Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:54 AM
Patricia

I would agree with Selwyn. We had 3 days there and it was not near long enough. I would say at least 5 days plus your day of arrival and departure (depending on time of day for arrival and departure). We were kicking ourselves for not taking at least 2 more days.

Search this Thread