Itinerary Help!!! Tz/Ken

Mar 12th, 2004, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

Itinerary Help!!! Tz/Ken

Hi I'm sorry but I am getting tied up in knots! Can anyone help???!!!
Want to travel in Feb.
Want to spend at least 2 weeks in Tanz +/- Kenya.
Do not want to include Kili.
Probably no Zan in this time frame.
Basically parks and animals.
Want to keep the cost under control!

I would love to hear anyones itinerary suggestions and company recommendations.

Thanks very much in advance.

J
Mar 12th, 2004, 08:18 AM

Jules, there have been numerous postings on this board as to safaris including Tanzania and Kenya. There is a wealth of info from a variety of travelers covering a wide spectrum of desires and budgets. I sense your frustration as I went thru a similiar situation when planning our first visit for 2002. We had to be budget minded but such did not necessarily compromise the quality of our experience. I knew itineraries of several other of the more expensive companies and often stayed at same lodges, ate same meals, etc so I felt we did okay. As you may note in some of my posts 2Afrika has high marks from me and as such will handle our trip this June. From your posting you have the beginning of being able to compare the standard packages many agencies offer. As you will note many follow the same itinerary. Enjoy the effort. With so many agenices/companies having web sites including pictures of lodges, vehicles, sightes, etc, the search can be quite entertaining. If I can be of specific help feel free to "write" me at [email protected]
Dick
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Dick
I have looked up 2Afrika and do get a good feeling about them. I do like some of their trips so I am going to investigate them more.

I found a trip I liked with another company for Tanzania and am now thinking of adding on 2Afrika after that with a Kenya & gorilla trip. But this is only the beginning of our planning so our plans could change greatly between now and then!!!

J
Mar 12th, 2004, 11:48 AM

Jules39: The only thing I would emphasize is that if you are traveling in February, that you must go to the south-eastern section of the Serengeti, the Ndutu area. This is where the vast herds of wildebeests and zebras will be for that time of the year. Of course much depends on the rains. IMO, the best (if not the only) place to stay in this area is the Ndutu Safari Lodge.I would also include the Ngorongoro Crater as a stop, since it will be lush at that time of the year. Not a dustbowl as it is in the dry season. Ah, the choices ... have a good time planning your trip!

Search this Thread