Itinerary

Jun 14th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Original Poster

Itinerary

Would like some help planning our first ( and only ? ) safari. We have a qoute from one TO for $8000.00 p/p starting May 27 2013. JoBurg to Maun, to Lagoon Camp 3 nights, Little Kwara 2 nights,Tubu Tree 3 nights,Toka Leya 2 nights and flight back to Joburg. Then we will be off to Tanzania for about 14 days. Does this look like a fair price for what we are getting and are these the places to be in at the end of May for game viewing? Thank you for any and all advice
Jun 14th, 2012, 08:10 AM

I have not stayed at the camps you list, but you have a total of 10 nights in camps plus 2 flights, so I think $8000 pp does seem like a pretty good price for Botswana which is an expensive destination.
Jun 14th, 2012, 10:50 AM

I prefer three nights per camp, so I would omit one two nighter and add the nights to other camps. That would lower your transfer costs, which can be pretty high, and make for a less hectic itinerary. As above, that doesn't sound out of line for Botswana. When are you going? Off season is much less expensive than June-Oct.
Jun 14th, 2012, 10:57 AM

Oops, May! Toka Leya is Vic Falls, right? Most of us estimate $1000 pp/pn in Bots, but I am unfamiliar with those particular camps.

Search this Thread