itinerary

May 12th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

itinerary

I've seen how helpful so many people have been commenting on itineraries. I wonder if I could call on you all again. I'm on honeymoon at the start of August

ATR have suggested:

Day 1 : Arusha Moivaro Coffee Lodge

Day 2 & 3 : Tarangire : Mawe Ninga Lodge

Day 4 : Ngorongoro : Ngorongoro Crater Lodge

Day 5, 6 & 7 : Serengeti : Olsokwan Camp

Days 7 to 13 : Zanzibar / Pemba Fundu Lagoon / Matemwe Bungalows

Day 14 Emerson & Green

The cost is $11,906. We want a bit of luxury (its a honeymoon!) but not for it to be overpowering. Does this sound sensible?

All suggestions gratefully received. Would like to start married life with the holiday of a lifetime.
May 12th, 2005, 12:04 PM
sandi

If traveling in August, you should be spending time in the Masai Mara in Kenya where the migrating herds will be. I'd switch out the Serengeti for the Mara.

While Olsokwan Camp is costly, it's quite rustic after coming from the Crater Lodge; the latter being the most expensive. I'd end time on mainland Tanzania at the Crater Lodge, drive back to Arusha and connect to the flight to Nairobi then onto the Mara. From the Mara you can fly to Zanzibar to conclude your honeymoon.

Was ATR the only outfitter you contacted? Others? How did prices compare? It just seems to me, even though August is hi-season, $6,000/person is high.

May 12th, 2005, 06:24 PM

Does your $11,906 include air perhaps? The price does seem a little high to me too, but I am not familiar with the Zanzibar accommodations. Maybe you have splurged on accommodations there. I'd also suggest the Mara in August for the best wildlife experience.

Congratulations!

Search this Thread