Search

Itin. in the Holy Land

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2007, 03:35 AM
LiVinLARGE

Itin. in the Holy Land

I have nine nights to see Israel and want to primarily focus on seeing Biblical sites. Can you tell me if this itin. is good or what you would change. I have a rental car and don't know how to arrange everything.

arrive and drive north.

north coast (Acca?) 1 night

Tiberias 2 nights

Jerusalem 3 nights

Dead Sea/Massada 1 night

Eilat 2 nights (with day trip to Petra)

Last day drive back to Tel Aviv for midnight flight home??

Is this a reasonable itin.? Too much?

Thank you -

Old Mar 13th, 2007, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May I suggest that you post this query on Tripadvisor.com (the Israel board). There are a number of regular posters on that board--some Israelis, some not. They regularly comment on proposed itin.s.
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 04:19 PM
LiVinLARGE

thanks

Old Mar 13th, 2007, 07:46 PM

You are welcome. You will get a lot of feedback/input on Trip Advisor. By looking at a few other posts, you will see who the regular posters are: Labatt (an Ohio lawyer who offers a non-commercial guide free by email), Anon (an Israeli), Shoshi (same), Suzpom (same) and others. Many, many people have received wonderful input there. The board has become kind of a community in the ideal sense -- there are different people with clearly different religious and political perspectives who are always respectful of the others' views. About the only "requirement" of all the great input is that one post a trip report for all to enjoy. (I am a very occasional poster as "JP & Mom.&quot
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 03:44 AM

The Itinerary does not seem unreasonable.
The only real reason to overnight at the dead sea is if you want to climb up Massada for the sunrise, otherwise it,s only about 90 minutes from Jerusalem.
In Tiberias I would highly recommend the "Scots Hotel". It is not a cookie cutter chain hotel and has the most amazing breakfast buffet I have ever seen.
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 05:11 PM
LiVinLARGE

Rosenose - thank you again - I have spoken with Labatt and another and have found them very helpful!
I will make sure to post a report upon return.

shmulb,
I have looked into the Scots but found it very pricey at $300 per night. My budget range is around $150 per night but could splurge a bit (maybe $200).