Istanbul to Athens-what's the best way?

Apr 17th, 1999, 02:54 PM
Callie

Istanbul to Athens-what's the best way?

What is the best way to get to Athens from Istanbul in mid-November? Train? Bus? Plane?
Ferry? (We won't attempt a car.)

Price, safety, reliability and time are all factors, with price and time being the negotiable items.

It will be our first time to Istanbul. I have enjoyed the other posting re Turkey. If you can advise me on the weather in November, it would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Jun 17th, 1999, 09:43 PM
georgia

If money is not an issue then flying is the way to go. Very cold that time of year (may even snow in northern greece) Fares shouldn't be all that expensive. Otherwise you can go by coach which will take at least 3 days but you will get to see a great deal more. I would fly.....

Jul 2nd, 1999, 04:08 AM
Lindsay

The weather will be fairly cold in Istanbul in November, but there is no ferry from Istanbul to Athens, so that won't be a problem. The weather down south will be a little more temperate, so can I advice you to go down to the mediteranian sea area (Anatlya, Bodrum and Marmaras) and get a ferry to one of the greek ýslands, then go onto Athens, would be much better scenery, cheaper than flying and better than being stuck on a bus, which by the way, will take approximately 22-25 hours.

Search this Thread