Israel Vacation with child

Jun 22nd, 1997, 07:15 PM
G. Garber

Israel Vacation with child

I am thinking of taking a 2 week vacation with my 8 yr.old and wife this August. Looking for advice on tours that would be appropriate for all of us. Most of the package tours appear to not be suitable for a young child, but are either bar mitzvah oriented or not child oriented at all. Any suggestions? Are there any tour operators that are would combine more formal sightseeing with activities appropriate for an 8 yr. old? Could I put together my own with a car rental? Looking for ideas.

Jun 23rd, 1997, 12:23 PM
NOYA

there are a few places that an 8 year old can enjoy:
1)the kineret, or sea of galilee, is a nice place to spend the day. the view is beautiful, the water is clean, and there are a few water parks there with water slides etc. there are a lot of activities for children up north (galil & ramat hagolan)call the local office of culture or tourism and they'll gladly send you a flyer. the DAN nature resort has a nice trail, about an hour long, and its suitable for children.
In jerusalem, the king david museum is fascinating and,if memory serves right, will interest kids. its pretty safe there. if you take a guide and make sure you speak english, you can have a nice day in the old city. as a kid i loved those trips. there's also a children's section in the jerusalem museum.
In Tel Aviv, your kid will probably enjoy the beach (the Hertzelia beaches are nicer & cleaner)
the Dead Sea is great because most kids love floating in the water and playing around in the mineral mud.
try combining organized tours(Jerusalem)with your own day trips. of course you can rent a car. your 8-year-old will have a great time and so will you!

Jul 15th, 1997, 01:29 PM
Joel Suldan

I came across a book the other day entitled "Kids Love Israel - Israel Loves Kids", or something to that effect: it's a listing of hundreds of sites in Israel that kids are likely to enjoy. The author's name is Barbara Sofer; publisher is Kar-Ben Press.

Jul 17th, 1997, 04:07 AM
Danny Moscovich

Don't know anything about children, but Israel is a great place to visit and live!!!!

Search this Thread