Israel Mission

Sep 25th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Original Poster

Israel Mission

I went to Israel last year. I am going again this year. This year's trip will be a little different, but I will tell you a little about last year. I went with 38 other people and we visited families who had been affected by the terrorism. We met young soldiers, orphans, people in hospitals, children from Mesopotania, and some Bedouin families who invited a friend and me to their home and it was quite an experience.
We spoke to doctors who treated Arabs and Israelies. There were Arabs and Iraelis in the same waiting area at the hospital. The hospital was located approximately 20 or 30 minutes from a terrorist group's headquarters. That made me feel a little uneasy, but it comforted me to see the peacefulness within the walls of the hospital.
Later that week, we heard that there was a suicide bomber who blew up a bus and some of the victims were taken to that hospital. There were times I cried and times I laughed. It was very much worth going and feeling that we were able to help by just being there.
This year I will be going again. I will not only be going to Israel, but we are thinking of also going to Jordan. I am really looking forward to making this trip. I have friends who have gone to Israel with their families and went to all of the places tourists go, but I will be going on a mission again. Israel has so much history, I think that the whole family will enjoy it.
I hope that anyone who is planning a trip to Israel does not change their plans. There has always been turmoil in that part of the world, but, I think that you will be happy you went. Good luck to all of you.
Sep 25th, 2003, 07:59 PM

Youngsters are Israel's biggest fans... I keep hearing the same stories of teenagers, even kids, after traveling there, staying for 2-3 weeks, they just don't want to leave...

It still amazes me every time I hear a similar story...

Search this Thread