Israel/Jordan March 2016

Aug 13th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Original Poster

Israel/Jordan March 2016

My husband and I are hoping to take a group tour of Israel and Jordan, March 11-22, 2016. I will ask the tour guide, but also want to ask here the clothes I should plan on taking. We're both very light packers. Take carryon only. Will it be pretty warm there? Thanks.
Aug 14th, 2015, 10:33 PM

The weather in March is generally very comfortable but somewhat unpredictable. It is the boundary between winter and summer so you can have both types of weather. The weather also varies geographically between the Mediterranean coast, the mountains of Jerusalem & the Galilee and the Dead Sea & the Negev desert.

In summary, you could have cold, rainy and windy days in Jerusalem or the Galilee where the temperature will be about 50F/10C, pleasant days along the coast with temperatures of 20C/70F or hot days in the desert with highs closer to 30C/85F.

The solution is to bring layers of clothing that you can add to or peel off as necessary.

This is a very nice time of the year to visit, in my opinion. Although there is still a chance of rain, the temperatures are very comfortable, the landscape is lush after the winter rains and the spring wild flowers are blooming, and water is still flowing in the streams and rivers.
Aug 15th, 2015, 06:40 AM
Original Poster

Thank you mbgg. That is exactly the info I needed. We were there a few years ago, and 1 trip is just not enough. SO MUCH HISTORY.

Search this Thread