Israel;Birthright Shorashim

Jun 7th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Original Poster

Israel;Birthright Shorashim

Two of my children just came back home today from spending 11 wonderful days in Israel on their first trip there.

They visited many cities and had varied experiences. They were accompanied by guards and capable adults and felt safe, loved and cared for.

Two or three of the phone calls home resulted in my crying after hearing their voice. They fell in love with the land and one of my children hopes to make Aliyah there someday soon.

I urge all to go. Now is the time to travel there. Send your children if they have not been there before. In order to qualify for the birthright israel program they need to have just one jewish parent. Query on the web under birthright Israel.

The pictures are fantastic. This was an incredible experience for them. They are 18 1/2 and 20 years old.
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:35 PM

We had a similar experience some years ago; now I have 2 Israeli grandchildren! It's hard to be a long distance parent/grandparent, but I visit Israel every chance I get! Good luck!
Mar 11th, 2005, 11:32 AM

Birthright is an amazing experience, most of my friends who have gone have been changed as a result of the trip. My fiance and I went on different trips and now are planning our honeymoon for a similar amount of time so we can enjoy the country together.

Search this Thread