Israel and Jordan

Mar 4th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Original Poster

Israel and Jordan

I am a 69-year old Christian lady - solo traveller . Thinking of spending three weeks in Israel and Jordan - last two weeks of October and 1st week of November. I would fly from London into Tel -Aviv and fly out of either Tel-Aviv or Eilat?

My questions are:

The best route to take for this trip, so as to see as many as possible "must see" places. I do not want to drive myself, as I would find it too stressful. How does one find a good guide? I don't want a tour as I am not interested in "shopping" stops along the way.

Do I need visas for Israel AND Jordan - I have an Irish passport.

Can anyone suggest a reasonable itinerary? Private guides - yes or no? Their charges?
I am a good walker and pretty fit for my age! With regards to accommodation, I don't do 5* hotels - I prefer either guest houses or hostel accommodation, but with own bedroom/bathroom, preferably.

Any help/advice would be gratefully appreciated.
Mar 5th, 2014, 11:09 AM

Some people here know a lot more than me. But I think it would be easiest to fly from home to Amman. Visit Jerash, then go south to Madaba on the way to Petra. You could then cross over at Eilat and work your way up north, eventually leaving from Tel-Aviv.

I can only speak for Jordan, but it was very simple for us to arrange day tours (and even a drive the length of the country if we had wanted) through our hotel.

Search this Thread