is this too expensive??

Aug 6th, 2003, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

is this too expensive??

Hi,

My friends and I are going to SA for New Year and have been quoted ~£440 pp for a 4 night safari (beginning 2 Jan 04) with South African Airlink Tours. The tour includes return flights to Phalaborw, transfers, accomodation, food and 3/ 4 safari's. Is this too much?

We've looked around and can't seem to find anything with flights at a similar price, but we were a little suspicious as the quotation has jumped up £100 pp in a month.

Any other recommendations would be gratefully recieved...!

Thanks
Aug 6th, 2003, 04:09 PM
sandi

If I figure right 440L/pp is about USD$660 - well the airfare return is about $250 or more, leaving $400 or $100/day which seems good to me.

But you don't mention which camp/lodge or Game Reserve you'll be visiting, or if there was any place in particular you wanted to visit.

If it is budget that you're most concerned with, I don't know whether you can beat $100/dy/pp.

Aug 7th, 2003, 12:53 AM
Original Poster

We'd be flying into Phalaborwa, staying at the Sefapane lodge which is situated about 1Km from from the (Kruger) Phalaborwa-gate . The price includes evening safari with BBQ, day safari & river safari. To be honest we haven't got any strict things we'd like to do as its a first time for all of us. As long as we get to see some big animals and great scenary then I'll think we'll be happy!!

Search this Thread