Is Swala Camp Worth It?

Jun 16th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Original Poster

Is Swala Camp Worth It?

Has anyone stayed at the Swala Tented Lodge Camp? Is it worth an additional $1000 for two nights or should we stick with the less expensive Mawe Ninga Tented Lodge in Tarangire. Or Do you have other good lodging recommendations?

Thanks
Jun 16th, 2004, 10:56 AM
sandi

Lucretia - this is a new one for me (of course, it's brand new, just open this year), and the reviews sound great. And the reviews by Africa Dreams and others seem quite honest as to what you get as opposed to Swala and the difference in cost.

Another camp in the Tarangire area you might look at is Kikoti, which is outside the park vs Mawe Ninga inside the park.

Not knowing what the balance of your itinerary looks like - where you're stopping, accommodations, for how long at each, etc. I don't know whether this camp is comparable to the others, but sometimes that doesn't even matter.

The only thing I did notice in the review is that they don't say anything about electricity (solor or generator), so there might only be latterns. I would check on this, and if you're fine without a hairblower or curling iron for a day or two, I'd go for it.

Search this Thread