Reload this Page >

Meeting your penpal or chat buddy?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2001, 01:42 AM
Jon

Are you travelling to meet your pen pal? I'm doing an article on people who have made friends on the internet, and would like to hear your story if: <BR> <BR>You've ever (or are going to) traveled to a foreign country and lodged with someone you met on the internet. <BR> <BR>OR <BR> <BR>Used the internet to find a travel companion. <BR> <BR>If you have an interesting story to tell, please email me at [email protected]. <BR> <BR>Thanks!

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 05:34 AM
dee

hi jon.....met my husband to be on icq...after 4 weeks of "chatting"..i went to boston to visit him....he moved to the uk in august last year.....and we're still going strong.......it was a good way of getting to know someone as i think some people are more open when behind a screen,.....al though i know this isn't always the case.....anyway it worked for us, and it was totally unexpected as i wasn';t even looking.....;-) <BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2003, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I MET MY FIANCE IN IRAN. I MET HER IN CYPRUS IN PERSON IN JANUARY. I PLAN ON SEEING HER AGAIN THIS MONTH. WE ALSO PLAN ON GETTING MARRIED. I COULD GIVE YOU MANY DETAILS IF YOU WANT, AS I ENJOY TALKING ABOUT HOW WE MET AND WANT TO BE TOGETHER.<BR><BR>MATT<BR>[email protected]
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 09:22 AM

Hi Jon,<BR><BR> It's not quite a penpal but I'm enjoying myself on this free internet travel group where the sole aim is travel;there are people on it from all over and naturally there are people on it with expertise on a number of countries-I really enjoy it. If I travel where there is someone from the group I will surely meet up with them.Its:<BR>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/worldtravelexp<BR>They are a really nice bunch and it is all about my favourite topic--TRAVEL!!!
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 08:59 AM

Hi Jon, How are you doing with your project?<BR>
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 09:09 AM

According to my hotmail--your e-mail address does NOT EXIST!!!???
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 12:25 PM

Hi<BR><BR>Tried to send you a mail but it says &quot;mailbox unavailable&quot;.<BR><BR>Regards<BR>Gard<BR>www.gardkarlsen.com
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 03:05 PM

Dear Gard, Great web site
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 12:56 AM

Message to pattysuericia. Thanks for the kind words about the webpage. I'm going to check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/worldtravelexp<BR><BR>Regards<BR>Gard<BR>www.gardkarlsen.com
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 07:26 AM

Hi Gard, I really like this group-such wonderful people on it. They would all enjoy seeing your website. Regards, Patricia
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 07:39 AM

Since original post was made in 2001 I expect the project Jon was doing is long completed and forgotten...<BR><BR>I have met many many internet friends - most here in the UK - I am lucky that London is such a travellers' hub - but also overseas - I went to a Fodorites GTG in San Francisco - it grew out of me wanting to meet two Fodorites, one of whom I'd met when she visited London.<BR><BR>I'd say I've met WELL over 50 internet friends, the majority of whom I initially met here on Fodors.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 09:05 AM

Dear Kavey,<BR><BR> Right on! I did not even look at the date-ha! Yes, the fodorites are wonderful but one has to be open to everything in life and not just one particular group-variety as they say! I've met wonderful friends but not on fodors yet; have met terrific people on this travel site as well-they're simply fantastic.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 02:20 PM

Absolutely!<BR>I've also met people I chat to on a photography site.<BR>I've even met friends of internet friends - I have an internet friend I've not met whose friend came over recently to live in UK and she asked me to meet her and welcome her etc. That was cool.<BR>I love meeting all sorts of people from everywhere.<BR>But then I talk to strangers on the bus so...
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 11:11 PM

Hi Kavey,<BR><BR> It's amazing what the internet has done! How'd we live without it! What I like about &quot;world travel exp&quot; is that there are all kinds of discussions on everything about travel and I for sure have the wanderlust. They have some very knowledgable people with expertise on various countries. I enjoy meeting and hearing from people all over.
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 12:49 AM

Would you remind me of the URL please?<BR<BR>Thanks
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 09:50 AM

Dear Kavey,<BR><BR> It's the people on this group that make it worthwhile!!<BR>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/worldtravelexp<BR>Kavey-your posts are great
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 02:46 PM

Thank you, yours also.
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 12:37 PM

I have met about 45 people whom I have got to know through a British women's website. I live in Ireland and have travelled to England to meet up with them. Made some wonderful friends....but I still dream of accidentally meeting one of the site users when on hols!

Oscarosie.
Old Sep 29th, 2005, 03:19 PM

I don't travel to meet cyber-friends, but I meet them if they live at my destinations.