Is it safe?

Oct 29th, 2001, 09:54 AM
Allison

Is it safe?

We are planning a trip to Morocco in December and are wondering if anyone has been there post September 11th? Did it seem calm or was there any anti-American sentiment?

Nov 7th, 2001, 12:55 PM
Louis

I had lunch with a friend yesterday that had been to both Spain and Morocco post 9/11. The only thing he complained about was that he felt that he had paid too much for a rug that his wife had purchased while in Morocco. He was spot checked with is luggage in Spain and was not allowed to have two ball point pens in his carry on bag. He did not complain as he still had one in his pocket for crosswords. He later found out that they were spot checking the luggage of the first five in line.

Nov 7th, 2001, 02:44 PM
Sue

I have traveled to Maroc 3 times since Feb. and have felt very safe always. I have friends in Maroc who I correspond with and they say it continues to be very safe. I travel all over the world and to me Maroc is one of the most wonderful places I have ever visited. but I wouldnot go to Tangier (typical border town). I recommend Marrakesh, Atlas Mts and desert. Write to me if you need more info.

Search this Thread