Reload this Page >

Airline Question - Cairo to Rome/Bangkok

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2000, 08:39 PM
Prue

We plan to visit Cairo next year and are wondering what experiences people have had with the various airlines. We would fly in with BA from London, but will be then going back to Australia at the end of our trip. <BR>Does anyone have any advice as to which route would be the best. I gather Gulf fly to some European ports as well as the East?

Old Jul 28th, 2000, 12:32 AM
russell

I flew Egyptair from Bangkok to Cairo nonstop. I think it was a Boeing 777. <BR>Anyway, it was okay, and the seats were fairly comfortable in economy. Plus, its the only nonstop flight I know of between these two cities.

Old Jul 29th, 2000, 10:32 PM
Prue

Russell, thank you for the reply to my post - I have seen several recommendations for Egyptair lately, so it looks as if that is the way to go.

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 02:56 PM
Rudy

Prue, you may be aware that a drawback for non-smokers is that Egyptair has a smoking section on their overseas flights. If you are a smoker, that's probably great, but if you are not, try to get seats well forward.

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 09:08 PM
Prue

Rudy, thank you for pointing out the fact that Egyptair has smoking on overseas flights - I had read about that earlier but had completely forgotten.