family safaris in africa

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 09:06 AM
Liz

family safaris in africa

We are a family of 4 wanting to go on an African safari - anybody have any suggestions as to where to go........ tour company to use........ what to see etc. Have been told Botswana is cheap and nice....anybody been? What about Kenya or Tanzania. <BR>Thanks please e-mail me with suggestions <BR>Cheers, Liz

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 02:18 PM
kim

Botswana is spectacular but certainly not cheap! Runs at least $300/day per persona for the good camps!

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 08:23 PM
Nigel

How old are your children? The reason for asking is that very few safari Lodges allow children under 12 years of age, although a few do. <BR>Botswana is certainly the best destination, but as Kim says, it is not cheap! <BR>Check out http://family.island-safari.com - that will give you some useful info and an idea of prices. <BR> <BR>Nigel <BR> <BR>Nigel

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 09:48 AM
melissa

In planning our honeymoon, I discovered Thomson (or Thompson?) Safari - out of Cambridge, MA. They focus on family safaris, even including some fun interpretive activities for the kids. The have a website and seem to go to most destinations in Africa. I was really impressed with their programs and hope to use them when I have a familty some day

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 04:09 AM
Riche

Hi Liz <BR>I am South African and also a safari/tour operator in Africa. <BR>For a family safari I would recommend South Africa and suggest that you visit between May and Oct (best game viewing season). Botswana is a great country and I love to visit but the Bots Govt work on a policy of mimimum impact/maximum revenue. As such you will find Bots rather expensive compared with South Africa. <BR> <BR>Please visit our website: www.tourism.to <BR>I'd be happy to provide more information, etc or assist you with reservations. I have visited all countries in south and east Africa and we have been operating in Africa for over 20 years. <BR>I look forward to hearing from you <BR>Best wishes <BR>Riche du Plessis

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 03:40 AM
EDWIN GILHAM

You don't say if you are upmarket or not but you could try Drifters Adventures at www.drifters.co.za - they go into Botswana <BR>Coral tours is another email [email protected] <BR>Karibu Safari - www.karibu.co.za <BR>These are SATSA members so you should have no problems in receiving reliable service.