Inyati vs Lion Sands? others?

Jan 25th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

Inyati vs Lion Sands? others?

If anyone has advice on choosing a moderately priced 4 day safari please comment? My wife and I are going to Capetown April 13-May 2, 2005. Our 19 yr. old daughter is studying at Univ. of Capetown for 1 semester. Probably will be our only trip to Africa and the 3 of us plan to fit in a 4 day safari, probably Apr 21-25. We've read some of the posts on Inyati and Lion Sands and they seem to be in our price range. Thanks
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:32 PM

rtcfiddle,

Another place that I would definitely consider is Simbambili. Just check out all the action from January 23rd:

http://www.tagasafaris.co.za/african...est-events.htm

I believe the prices at Simbambili will be very similar to Lion Sands and just a bit more than Inyati. However, Simbambili does offer private plunge pools for each of their rooms and is a little more exclusive with only a maximum of 12 guests, I believe.

I think that each Lion Sands and Inyati have larger capacities and, to my knowledge, they do not offer private plunge pools. I think that even in late April the weather should be tolerant enough to still enjoy your private plunge pool.

Here is more information on Simbambili:

http://www.tagasafaris.co.za/simbambili-game-lodge.htm

This year will be my fourth consecutive year on safari and after finishing up a 12 night Zambian safari, I am finishing up with a short 3 night safari at Simbambili, as I think it looks like a great place at a pretty good value.

Good luck.
Feb 4th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

I appreciate the suggestion of Simbambilli. We've looked into it more closely and so far we've narrowed down our options (we think) to Lion Sands River Lodge, Simbambilli, and Exeter Dulini although we just got a quote from Jackelberry Lodge that looks good.
There will be 3 of us flying from Capetown for the 4 day/3 night Safari and returning to Capetown since our daughter needs to be back at the University there. Based on round trip airfare and land transfers and the lodge costs we have quotes for Lion Sands River Lodge, total $6975US, Dulini-Exeter, total $6,195 US and we just received a proposal for Jackelberry Lodge,Thornybush for $5,400US total. Any comments?
The agent for the Jackelberry Lodge broke down the cost of lodge vs. air and the airfare was $2280 ($760pp).

Search this Thread