Intrepids or serena

Oct 11th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Original Poster

Intrepids or serena

We stayed at Mara Safari Club this year and are returning to Kenya next August. We want to spend 4 nights at Samburu and 5 at Mara. The dilemna we have is whether to use Intrepids or Serena lodges/camps. The quote for Intrepids is about 20% more expensive. In particular I'm trying to figure out which is the better option in the Mara for migration /cats. Any help appreciated !
Oct 11th, 2004, 01:50 PM
sandi

If I recall correctly, in the Mara the Serena is on the Western side of the Mara River, while Intrepids is on the opposite side. In Samburu, both face the muddy river down the way from one another. You might want to do a lodge at the Mara and a tented camp at Samburu or vice versa.

Oct 13th, 2004, 11:21 AM

I stayed at Mara Serena last year in november and with my advice,my friend was there in august this year.It is the place to be particularly in summer if you want to be closed of river crossings during migrations period .The hotel is on top of a hill from where you have wonderfull views .In any case you need good binoculars(at least 12x) to observe animals from the hotel.There were plenty of elephants around the hotel and you have anice view of mara river meanders over a long distance.

Search this Thread