Internet problems in Africa?

Mar 8th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Internet problems in Africa?

Has anyone else having problems with receiving and sending mails to and from Africa? We are trying to communicate with Roy Safaris and we don't get all the e-mails they send and they only get some of ours. Is there a problem with African e mail? Or do others have problems communicating with Roy Safaris?
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:44 PM
sandi

Because of the drought their are currently power reductions from 9pm to 6am in Arusha. If folks don't have a generator it's lamps or candles.

However, Roy's does have a generator for their office operations and server during their business hours. I haven't had problems with emails in either direction.

If no response, resend and be patient.

Mar 8th, 2006, 07:57 PM
santharamhari

Rugesana,

Hi! Roy Safaris........are they really getting you to believe they hv internet connection problems? I had originally planned to do Serengeti in August.....the western corridor etc etc., and was trying to work with Roy's. I was dealing with Agnes. The response was pathetic...they did get my emails (i learnt of this, when i made my phone calls). They said why am i stressed out about my August safari......

I havent heard from her in over a month. In the meanwhile, i am booked to go to Kwando in Botswana for August. Tanzania will hv to wait for another year.......

Search this Thread