Search

Internet in lusaka

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19th, 2006, 02:45 AM
molly52

Internet in lusaka

What are the prospects of getting an internet connection on my own laptop while in Lusaka ? Does anyone know what internet facilities are available and how reliable they are and whether there are any particular requirments I would need to have on my laptop before leaving home (Ireland) in order to access connection in Zambia?

Old Dec 20th, 2006, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At where - airport, hotel, internet cafe? Can't answer you from my experience but if at a hotel, call and ask them. This www site -
http://www.azworldairports.com/airports/p2840lun.htm
says the airport has a business center. This www site advertises a business center - http://www.businet.co.zm/
So looks like internet is availabel in Lusaka.
regards - tom
Old Dec 21st, 2006, 09:35 AM

When I was in Lusaka last July, one of the two 'wholesale' providers was down so some internet cafes had no service and the airport business center had no service. I did not try to use my own laptop.

Sylvia
Old Dec 24th, 2006, 12:30 PM

I am thinking of going to Zambia. Could you describe your trip? Although I've been doing some reading, I haven't been able to come up with a good itinerary.

Thanks.
Old Dec 26th, 2006, 06:56 AM

I went to Zambia at the end of a trip to meet some colleagues in Lusaka and Livingstone, flew between the two cities, myself saw little to recommend. Visas and transfers and airports all worked just fine, people were friendly, both cities were dry and dusty, I didn't find interesting city centers to walk around in. I've read things about the copper belt, the parks, the animals, don't have itinerary suggestions, didn't want to ignore your post.
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 05:31 AM
molly52

Thanks or your replies to my query re internet facilities in Lusaka, only got to read them today, -FLU since Christmas!!!