international air help please.

Nov 8th, 2005, 04:26 AM
Original Poster

international air help please.

Finally have a final itinerary planned with help from Rocco, Sharon-cooncat, and Barry from LRL. Now need to arrange the international air. We would like to depart from PIA (Peoria, IL) on Mon. May 15th, arriving in Lusaka on the 17th.and overnight there before starting on our safari on the 18th. Want to return from Lusaka on the 4th of June. I would prefer to not have to go through Johannesburg, but to get a direct flight from London to Lusaka---or a stopover in Nairobi would be O.K. British air flies directly from London to Lusaka, but only on M., W. and F. and returns on Tue, Thur, or Sat. and these days won't work with our itinerary.
The best fare I have found ($1870.00) is through Orbitz, and is PIA, ORD, LHR, JNB, LUN.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks so much
Nov 8th, 2005, 05:48 AM

Tiger - I tried to copy and paste a link from Travelocity, but on your dates they show a fare from London to Lusaka for about $965. That's less than what I paid! It's on Kenya Airways. You have to call them directly in Chicago to book. If you book your flights with enough time in between it should be no problem to get your luggage in London, recheck with Kenya Air...etc. That's what I'm doing! (I e-mailed you, too!) Anyway, others might be able to better help if you tell what you're needing: shortest route, lowest price, particular airline, etc..

Nov 8th, 2005, 05:51 AM

try SAA out of Dulles Washington, through JNB to Lusaka. You might need to O/N in Washington, but flight gets into JNb early enough for you to connect to Lusaka.
Nov 8th, 2005, 09:50 AM

MY new best friend is cheapflights.com they are a flight aggregator. They don't actually sell tickets but they will list a range of prices to and from your desinations. From www.cheapflights.com you then link to airfare planet, or the airline website or a consolidator. We got amazing KLM flights to Cairo this way and paid about $958.00 pp direct from Los Angeles with a stop in A'dam. It's worth a check!
Nov 8th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I'm checking on your suggestions!

Search this Thread