Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Interested in joining me on Nov. 16-23 Liuwa Plain trip?

Interested in joining me on Nov. 16-23 Liuwa Plain trip?

Aug 30th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Original Poster

Interested in joining me on Nov. 16-23 Liuwa Plain trip?

I am considering going on a set departure safari to Liuwa Plain National Park from this November 16-23. I was planning on going in 2015 but am now thinking of taking advantage of this already planned trip because I want to see Lady Liuwa, the famous lioness from The Last Lioness, and she is getting older. I am afraid she might not be around in November 2015. Also, the other lioness in her pride had cubs earlier this year and it would be great to see the cubs while they are still relatively young, though they will be about 9-10 months by then I believe. Apparently Lady Liuwa's interraction with the cubs is lovely to see, it is a small pride and she seems to have taken on the role of devoted auntie. Since she never had cubs of her own, I find this touching. The details of the trip can be found here.

http://www.chaloafrica.com/zambia/sa...uwa-with-love/

I know there is at least one other person who wants to go but I believe at least two more besides me are needed to make it a go. Anyone interested?
Sep 2nd, 2014, 11:39 AM
Original Poster

Jon, it should be a great safari! I am really looking forward to it!
Sep 2nd, 2014, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

I'm really excited - just found out that Jason Alfonsi has confirmed to be the guide for this safari! He used to be Robin Pope's assistant guide when Ropin Pope Safaris used to run their Liuwa trips, so he's one of the few guides that knows Liuwa extremely well! I also hear that we will be interacting with folks from the Zambia Carnivore Programme while we're there so we'll be getting updates from them on any wild dog, cheetah, hyena and of course Lady Liuwa and her pride in the area.

Search this Thread