Insight Tours

Oct 22nd, 2000, 06:05 PM
Ter333

Insight Tours

I am scheduled for the 22 day Land of the Prophets tour with Insight leaving Dec.18 and am wondering if I should just cancel it now. On one hand we are extremely disappointed about the possiblity of not going - on the other hand it seems crazy to go to an area that is having as much violence as they are in Israel. Sarah and Jennifer did you go on your trips and did you go to Jersusalem? If you did go on your tours what if anything did they change about the tour and what didn't you get to see? Thanks for your information.

Oct 26th, 2000, 01:04 PM
Sarah

Hi,

I was scheduled to leave on the 28th of Oct. but the tour I was booked on to Isreal & Egypt was cancelled due to the situation in Isreal. I am now booked to leave the same day but we are cutting Isreal out altogether and just travelling to Egypt for 13 days. The travel agent and Insight said that the situation in Egypt is a lot better and have not had to cancel any tours in that area yet. I will post a reply when I get home to let you know how things were there.

Sarah

Oct 10th, 2001, 03:59 AM
Aileen

I don't see any reason to cancel a trip to Israel, but simply to take sensible precautions when you here to avoid higher risk areas, such as the old city in Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Hebron, Jericho - there are still plenty of things to do - I have just had a trip to the Negev desert and the Dead Sea, then to Peq'in (druize village) and Akko in the North and now to Eilat - Israel may be a small country but it has many sights worth seeing where it is perfectly safe.... It would be such a waste not to experience it....

Search this Thread