Information on South Africa

Feb 16th, 1998, 04:29 PM
Christina Downs

Information on South Africa

I am a student attending a business college for travel and am stumped on a few different questions. I am currently studying South Africa and need to know a few things.
1. What is the economic stability and instability and it's situation in South Africa right now?
2. Could I get a brief description of Post World War 2 history? (The history from when it ended in 1945 until now.)
3. Do surrounding countries of South Africa take away some of the country's tourists? Which ones?

Thanks for your time and thoughtfullness. I appreciate it. Hope to hear from you soon!

Feb 26th, 1998, 02:43 AM
Billy Brown

Some info as requested: South African economy is in a strong healthy position. Interest rates are about to come down 2 - 3 %25 points. Bank Rates are currently high (+/- 20%25, inhibiting growth. Rand is stable and relatively strong against the USDollar versus a basket of currencies. Inflation under control - down from high of 16%25 in 1992 to 5.7%25 in Jan 1998.

Tourism - SA loosing tourists to Namibia, Botswana (Okavango Swamps ) and Zimbabwe. Due largely to high crime rates in SA.

Regards

Feb 26th, 1998, 02:44 AM
Billy Brown

Some info as requested: South African economy is in a strong healthy position. Interest rates are about to come down 2 - 3 %25 points. Bank Rates are currently high (+/- 20%25, inhibiting growth. Rand is stable and relatively strong against the USDollar versus a basket of currencies. Inflation under control - down from high of 16%25 in 1992 to 5.7%25 in Jan 1998.

Tourism - SA loosing tourists to Namibia, Botswana (Okavango Swamps ) and Zimbabwe. Due largely to high crime rates in SA.

Regards

Search this Thread