Information about Israel

Mar 14th, 2000, 09:33 AM
dcTgirl4life

Information about Israel

I'm Jeni, 12 years old, and I need information about Israel for a school project. The project is to design a trip and I need to know what to pack at this location around August, any natural disasters you know of, tips about customs, slang, etc., and the best way to get around (rental car, train, bus, taxi, foot?) If you can help me out w/ any of these things or something else I might want to know on my trip, it'd be very much appreciated. I already know the water is NASTY so I'm planning to bring plenty of money and bottled water. Thank you for your time.

Mar 15th, 2000, 12:08 AM
Eran

Hi Jeni
Don't worry, Israel is a western country, it has all the facilities you are used to, including great public transport (second only to the Greyhound in size), good food and Accommodation.
To your questions: around august it is rather hot 90F or so, but the sea is cool and refreshing. there are no natural disasters (thank god)that I am aware of, customs: Israel is a Jewish state, with other minorities including Muslims, Christians and other ethnic groups. The best way to get around is by bus (sadly there is no subway). The 3 main cities are Jerusalem Tel Aviv and Haifa. Althougha I believe that the water is safe you can choose to drink mineral water witch isn't expensive (about a dollar for a 1 liter bottle).
feel free to contact me for any other questions
Eran

Mar 20th, 2000, 12:20 AM
Sharon

Not much to add to the complete reply above...just make sure you bring warm clothings as well, because it can be pretty cold at nights in Jerusalem and up north.

Have fun.

Mar 20th, 2000, 09:52 AM
dcTgirl4life

Thanks so much for your help, guys.

Search this Thread