Info on travel to Pretoria "Centurion"

Jun 3rd, 2000, 08:49 PM
Bryan

Info on travel to Pretoria "Centurion"

What's the night life like?

Can I go MountainBiking with out getting killed?

Any Info is great>

Jun 8th, 2000, 04:39 AM
Tracy

First up, although right next to each other Centurion and Pretoria are two separate cities and differ quite a bit! Centurion is mostly residential suburbs and the best entertainment is on offer at Centurion Park cricket stadium when there's a game on! However, the easy access highways will take you to any number of restaurants, theatres, clubs, pubs you could want. In Pretoria itself the Hatfield precinct has been developed extensively and has a number of fun places to hang out - especially as it is close to the university. Unless you plan on fighting with cars, trucks and mini-bus taxi's you can you go mountain-biking without fear. However, you will need to get out of the city for more suitable terrain. The Hartebeespoort Dam area - about 30 to 45 minutes from Pretoria is very nice.

Jun 8th, 2000, 04:51 AM
Bryan

Tracy,
Thank you for the reply. Will i have problems in the city of Pretoria
( get robbed or jumped for my money or book bag?) I have heard a lot of positive & negitive remarks. I will be living in Centurion and working in Pretoria. Thanks Again

Jul 6th, 2000, 05:19 AM
Cat

Living in Johannesburg (about 40 minutes from Pretoria), I haven't tried out the night life although my friends speak highly of it. Particularly rave clubs and clubs for gay men.

The key to cycling in South Africa is to stay off the main roads where you can - most drivers are not cyling friendly. The suggestion to try out Hartebeespoort is an excellant one.

Search this Thread