Inexpensive flight to Addis Abbaba

May 22nd, 2003, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Inexpensive flight to Addis Abbaba

I need to travel to Addis Abbaba Ethiopia probably within 6 mos to pick up my son that I am in the process of adopting, and am having a hard time finding a reasonably priced ticket. Are there any suggestions for search engines that may be useful or another destination I could fly to nearby? and then go on to Addis Abbaba
May 27th, 2003, 06:06 AM

I am afraid there are no reasonably priced tickets. That is the price you have to pay for having to travel to an obscure destination. I do not know where you are coming from but in the past I have always flown to Addis via Nairobi. Good luck!
May 27th, 2003, 08:06 AM

Ethiopian Airlines has had decent rates in the past. Try them or British Airways.
May 30th, 2003, 06:56 PM

Congratulations on your adoption! Being married to an Ethiopian and having visited orphanages in Addis, I've considered this myself and would love to hear more about your experiences. Good news - I don't know where you're flying from, but you can save considerably by buying 2 tickets, from US to London and London to Addis. We did it last summer. I checked travelocity.com for you. Boston/Heathrow is $303 in November and December on British Airways or Virgin. Heathrow/Addis is $598 on Lufthansa in October, November & December, a total of $901 (Great Price!) Ethiopian airlines charges $1,357 on their website, flyethiopian.com. I have gotten lower fares from them by calling their US headquarters in New York City. I have also used other booking engines and consolidators from London that I could give you more info on, but it will be hard to beat $900. Feel free to email me [email protected]
Best of luck!

Search this Thread