India- Bangalore

Jun 26th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

India- Bangalore

Hi. Has anyone been to Bangalore India? What's it like? Is is safe? My husband will be going for business this fall. I'd like to hear from others who who have been there. Thanks.
Jun 26th, 2004, 09:40 AM

I was there but it was some 20 years ago. It is a city but because it is in the south of India it is a bit slower and calmer (sort of) down there. India is not a vacation, it is an experience but an amazing one. The south prides itself on the people being nicer, on it being more tropical and slower. You should hear some current comments but yes it was safe then although I didn't wander around alone. If my husband was going to be at conferences, I would arrange to get a guide and driver to take me around to places I wanted to go. The economy can always use the money and it will be relatively inexpensive. I'm not saying this so much for physical safety but because this person will make the most of your time, and show you how it is done, whether to bargain, etc. If they know of a tailor you could bring a pattern or favorite dress/pants and they can copy it for you. They might arrange for a local businessman's wife to accompany you. People are lovely there and so hospitable.
Jun 28th, 2004, 03:18 PM

You might want to repost on Asia forum.

Search this Thread