In and Out of Jordon

Jan 23rd, 2014, 04:58 PM
Original Poster

In and Out of Jordon

Hi there,
My partner and I are hoping to visit both Israel and Jordon in the summer. We had previously intended to enter Amman, cross into Israel and leave via Tel Aviv. However with the removal of the Easyjet route to Amman and the extortionate costs of the flight (a single weighing in at a lofty 10 times the price of the previous single) we wanted to understand if it would be at all possible to fly in and out of Israel and use the land borders, specifically;
- We will be allowed to cross in and out of Eliat crossing, even if this put "evidence" of being in Israel, i.e. the border stamp in our passport?
- Is there still a risk that at Tel Aviv Airport we will still get stamped and if so would this hamper our chances to cross the border.
- Are there any borders which are better / easier to cross. It may be better for instance to cross at Eliat into Jordon but cross out at the bridge. Is that possible?
Ideally we would like to spend 8 days in each country.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Jan 23rd, 2014, 10:23 PM

There is no problem crossing back and forth at Eilat. A large percentage of tourists visiting Israel go down to Eilat, cross over into Jordan and visit Petra. You will not be alone There are many tours from Eilat to Petra, Wadi Rum and Amman. For example:
http://www.desertecotours.com/English/index.asp
Or you can go to Aqaba and get a taxi to Petra (post questions on the Jordan forum for details).

You do not need a visa in advance at Eilat or at the Sheikh Hussein crossing near Bet Shean. You need a visa in advance if you want to cross into Jordan at the Allenby Bridge (King Hussein). You don't need anything when crossing in the other direction, but in general the Allenby Bridge crossing is a hassle compared to the other two.

Search this Thread