Impalila Island lodge

Mar 14th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

Impalila Island lodge

Has anyone heard of the Impalila Island lodge or have any information about it. It's located on the Chobe river. Thanks
Mar 17th, 2003, 01:48 PM

My husband and I stayed there two or three nights about five years ago. At that time, it was owned and operated by South Africans. Guests are met near Chobe and ferried across to the lodge, which is beside slight rapids so that you hear rippling water all night. The accommodations (tents) were comfortable and the food very good. I believe we were the only guests; perhaps there would be a different atmosphere with more. Activities included riding along the shore in a boat. That gives a different perspective on the elephants and other animals that come down to water. Also, you see the crocs along the banks. One morning, we went by jeep to see a huge baobab tree, the biggest I believe I have ever seen. Another time, we rode around the lagoon nearby (by boat). While the activities seem limited in comparison to some other safari camps, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, remember the experience fondly, and would go back again. ZZ

Search this Thread