Impala Hotel in Arusha?

May 18th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Impala Hotel in Arusha?

Has anyone been to Impala Hotel in Arusha? Our itinerary (with Good Earth) includes a stop for lunch during the drive from Amboseli to Tarangire. How is it? How's the food? Is there a better place for a stop?

thanks
May 18th, 2005, 02:32 PM
sandi

Many tour operators/outfitters use the Impala Hotel for their lunch stop in Arusha; I haven't read or heard of any complaints. I don't recall many/any other hotels being used for this purpose, though that's not to say there may not be others. Inasmuch as the Impala is the stop of choice, they are prepared to accommodate travelers in a timely fashion.

If I recall correctly, the menu is diverse, the food was tasty and filling, hot and cold choices - believe it was buffet. In fact, they are so well prepared that when I asked for the label from my Kilimanjaro beer - no problem... they have a stock of labels right from the brewery, so no need to soak the bottle. From what I could determine, not having inspected the kitchen, the restaurant was clean.

Also, the Impala is on the main road in Arusha... you don't have to drive any distance out of your way thru winding roads in/around town, then return to this road to continue onto Tarangire.

Search this Thread