Imaginative Traveller

Sep 17th, 2002, 04:34 AM
Deb

Imaginative Traveller

Has anyone done a tour with the Imaginative Traveller in Egypt. Is the cruise down the Nile for 3 days a good thing to do? Can't decide whether to do an organised tour or independant. Any thoughts??

Dec 3rd, 2002, 11:43 PM
Steve

Hi Deb,
my wife and I went with Imaginative Traveller a couple of years ago. Type in "imaginative" in the search box and you'll still find my report.
Basically, we had the same doubts about an "organised" tour but our agent convinced us that this company was the least intrusive. They were right! IT just handled all the infrastructure over there (quite daunting for 1st time visitors) and just let us get on and enjoy ourselves. Drop me an e-mail if you need any further advice.
regards
Steve

Dec 4th, 2002, 04:39 AM
Jimbo

My wife and I went with IT several years ago and had a great time. They did a good job even considering that their budget nature kept them from hiring the best Egyptologists -- ours were not as knowledgeable as they could have been, but the service level was very good nonetheless.

If they are still running the Doma for the cruise part, skip it. That boat was a disaster with terrible food and accommodations. One night we tied up within sight of Luxor but were not permitted to go into town. If you are luck, it has sunk.

Search this Thread