Il Moran - which tent?

Mar 24th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Original Poster

Il Moran - which tent?

Are all the tents at Il Moran positioned with good views and night noises? Or should we try to get a specific one? We'll be staying there for 3 nights in late Oct. We're also staying at Rekero Tented Camp for 3 nights, but I assume they set up in different places each year so there is no "best tent"? Thanks for everyone's very useful input about the Mara in October.
Mar 24th, 2006, 08:48 AM

I cannot remember our tent number, but there were 10 tents. As you walk up to the reception area the bar/dining room is ahead right on the bank of the Mara River.

There were 5 tents to the north and 5 tents to the south of the dining room. All tents were right on the river bank with uninterrupted views although other guests may walk in front of the tents.

I remember the bank is quite high (about 10 - 15ft)so the animals cannot easily walk past your tent and drink. You do hear the hippos at night (sometimes loudly!)

My guess is that you want tents 1-4 or 7-10 if you don't want to be closest to the central dining room - in other words ask for the tents on the far sides.

It is a wonderful camp!
Mar 24th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, we'll try for a tent on one of the far sides, but I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time whereever we end up!
Mar 26th, 2006, 12:27 AM

Ovenbird

right on with 1-3 or 7-10 at Il Moran but if you haev any thoughts of sleeping in head to 7-10 10 being the best as it is the farthest away from the balloon jump off point at little governors just across the river.

Rekero is in the same spot each year and the river front tents are best cannot remember the numbers but 6 & 7 ring a bell.

Search this Thread