Search

Intrepid Travel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intrepid Travel

Has anyone ever heard of or used Intrepid Travel?

I am looking to go on a budget trip to Africa next summer and this company seems to have some great trips at great prices.

Any other companies I should look with?

Any help is amazing, I'm not sure how to start my planning or where ever to look.
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 10:48 AM

Some friends of mine travelled with them in China and thought they were great. I also met someone a couple of years ago who had just done a trip in Vietnam and also had an excellent trip.
J
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 11:10 AM

They are an Australian company, so primarily you will have antipods on the trip. i travelled with them to Rajasthan on a 3 week sojourn and they were great. the pride themselves with really interacting with the cultures you might visit.

Maximum 12 in the group which is nice
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 12:02 PM

I traveled with Intrepid on an overland journey through Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam. I liked their style: all the paperwork, etc., is done for you, and some excursions are planned, but you have a lot of free time too. Meals on on your own most of the time. You do carry your own backpack.

I was the only American in my group: two Canadians, one woman from new Zealand, one from Denmark, everyone else from Australia. The ages ranged from maybe 21 to 60 for the 12 of us. The places we stayed were basic ( a few truly basic, several borderline awful), but in general they were clean and full of character.

The emphasis is on integrating into the culture as much as possible given we are tourists and just passing through. Real respect for the culture and people . . . .Also, the company is environmentally conscious.

I would go again, maybe next time to Cambodia-- and Burma if they resume their trips there.

Old Jul 20th, 2005, 07:48 PM

I am going to Egypt and Jordan on October 8, 2005 with Intrepid Travel. I am a solo traveler. This will be my first time with this company. They also have a sister compay called Gap Adventures. It is based out of Canada. I a black American female, age 48 years and a grandmother. I have traveled alot, all over the world and I do a little diving on the side. I like adventure and going places were most tourist won't travel.

From what I have researched on both websites, I don't think I will be disappointed. In fact I have extended my stay at end of of my trip in Jordan by five extra days. I will let you know how my trip was when I get back.

I love traveling and I pretty much adjust to any conditions. I love people in general. If it works out, I might book a trip with them nex year.

My idea of vacation is living and loving life, no matter where you are and what you are doing. I love the culture thing.

My whole trip cost my about $2600.00 with airfare, extra hotel stays, meals, taxes, travel insurance, etc. I will be gone from October 8, 2005 to October 28, 2005. That is almost one whole month. Such a deal! I lve in LA so I am coming from far away.

I am looking to go to India next year for three weeks next year with them.

Old Jul 21st, 2005, 05:50 AM

I've travelled with them twice in Asia and recommend the company. I would also consider Imaginative Traveller.
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 04:14 PM

TravelJunkie, just wondering what your Intrepid tour in Egypt was like. I am thinking about booking Intrepid for a tour of Morocco. If you'd like to share a report of your experience, I'd love to hear it!