Search

Botswana or Tanzania

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 08:49 AM
David

Botswana or Tanzania

My wife and I are considering a family safari with our two children (ages 8 and 11) to either Botswana or Tanzania. Any suggestions on which country we should visit, safari operators, etc.? Thanks

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 09:54 AM
April

I've only been to Tanzania but my travel agent, who has been all over, would choose Botswana. What I liked about Tanzania though was seeing the Serengeti, Ngorongoro crater, the Masai and Zanzibar. Lucky kids.

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 11:35 AM
Louise

David - you will find a lot of previous information if you put in Botswana or Tanzania in the "Text Search" box above. Having been to both I would recommend Botswana but Tanzania has it's good points also.

Old Aug 3rd, 2000, 09:25 AM
Melissa

I was in Botswana in 92 - the Okavango is just filled with animals, and travel by dug out canoe to different locations each day is so excited (can be combined with lodge stays.) the people were wonderful - warm and friendly. In planning my upcoming honeymoon to Tanzania, i came across a very interesting safari co. based in Cambridge, MA - "Thompson Safaris". They seem to gear certain trips towards families, adding interpretive activities to the days sightseeing. I hope to use them someday...

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 09:56 AM
David

Thanks for the replies. To Melissa, we've also been considering Thomson Safaris in Tanzania.