i tried to do the right thing--camera question

Feb 25th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

i tried to do the right thing--camera question

i tried to post this on the off topic board, but didn't get any responses...since there has been some discussion here about cameras, i hope no one minds if i try again here!

for our upcoming trip to Cape Town, it just occurred to me that i might want to invest in a back up battery for my digital camera (panasonic lumix fz3). after seeing that a battery was $80 on panasonic's site, i poked around and came across compatible batteries at www.lowcostbatteries.com for $40. does anyone have experience with this website or make any recommendations about where to purchase digital camera batteries? thanks! i just got my camera about 6 weeks ago, so it's all new to me!
Feb 25th, 2005, 09:08 AM

I don't know that camera model or website but thought I'd let you know that we purchased non-branded extra batteries for both our digital videocam and our nikon d70 digital camera and both functioned same as branded ones.

We bought from a reputable store that we'd used previously.
Feb 25th, 2005, 11:00 AM

We've also used non-branded batteries for our digital camera and they work fine. I purchased them online, can't remember which website but it might have been the same one that you're looking at.

Search this Thread