I Postponed My Safari ... Again

Old Jul 31st, 2021, 09:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Postponed My Safari ... Again

We were scheduled to leave the end of this month for two weeks at four different camps in Kenya. With the Delta variant and COVID numbers surging--and less than 2% of the population vaccinated--it just seemed too risky to take a vacation that could be postponed.

Here's to 2022.
Old Aug 2nd, 2021, 05:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I hear you songdoc, but I think it is the right call. I'm supposed to be going to Vegas/LA at the end of the month and I don't think that's going to happen either. Just think how good it'll be when it does happen!!
Old Aug 2nd, 2021, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amyb: Thanks. Case numbers are exploding in Hawaii and on the news they warned people about going to Las Vegas. Many Hawaii cases were being traced to people who visited Las Vegas, came back infected, and spread it through the unvaccinated community. Now LV has instituted a mask mandate, but I still wouldn't be going until things start trending in the right direction.

I am amazed at how many people I know who are acting like the pandemic is over and are going on vacations.